Thursday, June 09, 2011

MAKING THE SWITCH

I admit. My family has made the big switch.

For almost a year now, we have been using locally-produced, affordable and 100% harmful chemical-free products that are from "renewable resource with no petroleum compounds" and "processed in a way which is not damaging to the environment". These products are produced by Gandang Kalikasan, Inc., a company that employs Gawad Kalinga residents, pays its employees more than the legally-mandated minimum wage, and trades fairly with the local farmers.

How can you beat that?

Our family's "love affair" with Human Heart Nature started with my search for a chemical-free baby wash that is gentle on my then 1-month old baby's skin. I stumbled upon HHN's Aloe Vera & Chamomile Baby Shampoo & Baby Wash in one of the online stores and decided to give it a try.

True to its promise, it is non-drying and gentle on my baby's skin, unlike the commercially available baby wash produced by multinational companies. I was so satisfied with it that I decided to buy more HHN products.

Almost a year after that initial purchase, everyone in our household is using HHN products!

Me:

Pearl Powder and Aloe Vera Strengthening Shampoo (I finally found the perfect shampoo for my limp and falling hair!)
Nourishing Mango Butter Conditioner (This conditions my hair without making it limp.)
Lemongrass Body Scrub (the scent reminds me of the citrus verbena line of L'occitane)
Goat's Milk and Cocoa Butter (unscented)
Balancing Facial Wash (Great for oily skin!)
Balancing Toner
Sunflower Seed Beauty Oil (Great for the undereye!)
Royal Jelly & Aloe Vera Night Moisturizer (Goodbye to expensive moisturizers!)
Love Minerals Pressed Powder
Love Minerals Blush Shade (Love the barely there look of Pink Quartz!)
Peppermint Lip Balm
Love Minerals Passion Fruit Lipstick (Love the sweet nectar shade!)
Anti-bacterial Hand Soap
Sugarcane and Aloe Vera Gel Hand Sanitizer (A must-have for a breastfeeding and pumping Mom!)
Eucalyptus Hand & Foot Salve (This one deserves a separate write-up.)
Citrus Burst Spray Sanitizer (Which I use to sanitize my office conference table, also known these days as my official pumping station.)

The Hubby:

Pearl Powder and Aloe Vera Strengthening Shampoo (Peppermint)
Eucalyptus Shaving Oil (He's really satisfied with this!)
Balancing Facial Wash
Balancing Toner (He says that this is as good as if not better than Burt Bee's tomato toner.)
Eucalyptus Hand & Foot Salve (This one deserves a separate write-up. Oh, did I say that already?)

The Two Girls:

Aloe Vera Kid's Shampoo and Body Wash in Watermelon (Goodbye to the fashion-something chemical-laden shampoo!)
Nourishing Mango Butter Conditioner in peppermint scent (Heaven-sent for girls with long hair.)
Citronella Bug Spray (A must-have especially during this dengue season.)
All Natural Hand Sanitizer for Kids in strawberry
Strawberry Lotion (Unfortunately, this is being phased out.)

The Baby:

Chamomile Baby Wash (The product that started our continuing love affair with HHN.)

And yes, we are happy that we made the switch!
Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...